Hey, Eric here and I want to talk to you about your how to measure your current vertical. This is very important because knowing that information will allow you to improve and take you to another level. Using light weight shoes, that are created with environmentally friendly materials that will allow you to live a “Go Green Lifestyle”…
Before you learn how to increase your vertical jump for basketball players or any other sport, you’re going to want to first know the initial height of your current vertical. A vertical is the height of an individuals leap which is bought about by their leg strength. In order for one to keep an accurate record of their progress; it’s always vital to measure your vertical. A measuring maneuver that has a mounted scale is usually used to measure vertical jump. But if you don’t have it and absolutely have no idea where to get one, no worries there are additional ways and options that you can use to help you measure your jumping ability on your own.
Here are the materials that you are going to need: Ink or Chalk, Tape measure and a wall.
Follow the procedure below to measure your vertical leap.
- Position yourself sideways to the wall with your feet flat on the floor.
- Extend your hand upward and mark the highest point you can reach while flat-footed. This is known as the standing reach. Leave a mark on that point.
- Then proceed to cover your middle finger tip with either ink or chalk.
- Transfer one step back from the principal mark that you can reach while flat-footed. Don’t take further than a step to it, breathe in and jump off on both feet as high as you can and try to touch the highest point likely on the wall. Make sure you hit the wall.
- Recap this for like 5 times just to be certain. The ink or chalk on your finger tip will leave a new mark upon the wall.
- Use your tape measure to measure the distance from your standing reach to the mark you left on the wall.
- Subtract the elevation of your standing reach from the elevation of the highest point you touched on the wall. The number you get is your vertical leap height. E.g. if your highest point you touched is 10 feet and the point you touched on the wall flat-footed is 6 feet, then your vertical leap is 4 feet.
- For steadiness make sure to measure your vertical jump on the same day of the week at around the same time.
- Don’t do just one jump, it’s advisable to do a few more jumps so as to find out the most precise measurement.
- Warm up and do stretches in advance before you jump for flexibility purposes. This will help you to achieve a more accurate and the highest jump.
If you choose to do your jump with shoes on, make certain that every time you do the vertical leap you have them on, just be steady. And if you’re living an eco-friendly and green lifestyle make sure you’re wearing light shoes that are equipped with materials that don’t violate the environment in a negative way. You can find some great shoes that have been created with recycled materials. Just shop around.
Once you get your measurement, make sure you participate in a good vertical jump training program in order to increase your leaping ability, explosiveness and speed. A good one to check out is the Vert Shock program.
Get more information here.
Image courtesy of Felixco, Inc. at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Hey good people, Eric here once again with another Going Green post. Not only is it important to live a green lifestyle with eating but it’s also important to drink organic beverages as well. One is very popular and it’s healthy coffee. Healthy coffee with ganoderma. Check it out below and let me know your thoughts. Let’s get it!!!…
What is this incredible organic “Ganoderma”? In cantonese, “lingzhi” is the name of one form of the mushroom Ganoderma Lucidum. It enjoys an honourable place in Asia where it’s been used as a medicinal mushroom in traditional chinese medicine for more than 4.000 years. In China, it’s known as the miraculous “King of herbs”. The history of Ganoderma came about 5.000 years ago. These mushrooms are called “lingzhi” in chinese. They were supposed to be the food for the Emperor. Only the Emperor or the highest ranking Officials of China were the only one that can have this type of Ganoderma. That time was very treasured and hard to find because of the efficacy with regards to the health of the people.
It enhances the immune system, our immune system. That is the goodness of Ganoderma. It’s just only recently that it became available to us in a more commercial way.
100% certified Organic Ganoderma on the planet in this virgin forest zone. Going right there and seeing exactly how the Ganoderma is cultivated was very important to me because of my passion for this herb, for this mushroon, and what it does for people. I’ve seen over the years thousands of people, i mean it’s phenomenal.
So it’s so ingenious to use coffee, tea or hot chocolate as a delivery system because we get that consistency going. And then with the King of herbs, Ganoderma Lucidum. And then we are taking 100% certified Organic Ganoderma, not just any Ganoderma. So we put it in beverages and we serve it to people and we have these amazing health benefits and once people start to feel better, they never stop. Ganoderma maybe more than 4.000 years old but Organo Gold is a progressive, well-managed and well-financed company. With an eye to providing the future success of our worldwide distributors, we continue to add new and exciting products that the public demands.
Under the direction of CEO and founder Bernie Chua Organo Gold has scientifically developed a full line
of gourmet coffees, teas, delicious hot chocolate as well as introducing an oral hygiene line and soft to the skin soap. Of course every product is infused with Ganoderma, the cornerstone of Organo Gold. I’m not going to go into it here much but if you’re interested, you can get Organo Gold Coffee Reviews here.
Moving on…Currently we have the Ganoderma Lucidum powder, the pure Organic Ganoderma powder and we also have the Organic Ganoderma spores powder, Organo Gold coffee, gourmet latte coffee, and gourmet black (Get Organo Gold black Coffee Reviews here), the mocha, the chocolates. We have now the Organic green tea with Ganoderma Lucidum. The product that has helped people and the stories and the testimonials that have come back to me through there, have just been simply amazing because they are so life-changing. Health issues that have have been affected in a very positive way.
As you can see this powerful herb is amazing. It’s even more amazing in coffee. As I said earlier, going green is a total lifestyle. It’s not only what you eat, it’s also what you drink as well. With that being said make sure you go check out the best organic coffee review at one of my closest friend’s website. I promise you won’t be disappointed. By the way… I promise I won’t take so long writing another post. Talk to you soon.
To learn more, check out this informative video below: